Please enjoy a couple of our favourite recipes
Want to submit your own? Click here to contact us
Steve’s Baked Coral Trout
- 1 Whole coral trout
- 200g marmalade
- 200ml water
- 60ml sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ bunch coriander (chopped)
- ½ bunch shallots (chopped)
- Corn flour (to thicken)
- Wrap trout in glad bake (non stick paper) and place in a deep tray.
- Bring the water, marmalade and sweet chilli sauce to the boil in a saucepan.
- Put the marmalade mix into the tray with the trout. Wrap the tray in foil and place in the oven at about 180°C for around 40 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and check that the fish is cooked (do this by pulling one of its dorsal fins out, if the fin comes out easily the fish will be ready) If the fish is ready, carefully lift it out of the tray and place onto a serving platter (use the baking paper like a cradle to lift it out)
- Pour the liquid from the tray back into the saucepan and bring to the boil, add the shallots and coriander then thicken the liquid with the corn flour until it reaches a thin sauce consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the trout and serve.
Kanimbla Cerviche (thanks to Dr Adam Smith)
- 700g White fish finely chopped
- 5x V. hot chilli
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Spanish Onion
- 3 Ripe Tomatoes
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Bunch coriander
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients
- Toss gently but thoroughly to ensure that the fish has a coating of lemon/lime juice
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours. The flesh of the fish should become white, as the acid in the juices effectively cooks the fish
- Delicious served with corn chips as a dip /tapas